The Passive House resource
Welcome to Passipedia, the Passive House resource! Passipedia constitutes a vast array of cutting edge, scientifically sound, Passive House relevant articles. On Passipedia, basic Passive House information and insights are available for all to see, whereas members of the International Passive House Association (iPHA) receive special access to the more in depth sections. Growing daily, Passipedia is the tool with which new Passive House findings from around the world are being presented, as well as where the highlights of more than 20 years of research on Passive Houses are being posted, often for the first time ever in English. iPHA is constantly working to add to the information available on Passipedia, so please keep visiting in the future to find the latest articles and watch Passipedia grow!
New version PHPP 8 (2013) - COMING SOON!
Worldwide applicability, added functions, improved user-friendliness and compatibility
The Passive House Institute is currently working on a new, improved version of the Passive House Planning Package.
|PHPP – the energy balance and Passive House design tool|
The new PHPP 8 will include a whole range of advantages such as:
- Validated calculation algorithms for cooling and dehumidification in both hot and hot and humid climates
- Additional climate data sets for a wide range of new locations across the globe
- Additional PV, heat pump and ground heat exchange calculation sheets as well as the estimation of the solar contribution to space heating demand – supplements that increase the PHPP’s suitability for building sustainability assessments
- A new components sheet containing PHI Certified Passive House Components along with their performance data, facilitating data entry for certified products
- Revised data selection menus and improved compatibility with MAC and OpenOffice
- Improved connectivity and accessibility via PHI’s external import and export macro
- designPH (to be released in summer 2013) - a 3D data entry tool designed for the PHPP, complete with design modelling feedback. A newly developed SketchUP plugin, designPH is set to revolutionise the way we use PHPP.
read more about the PHPP
Passive House News
The latest news & developments:
iPHA - events: Click here to get information on current events put on, organised or featuring iPHA, its affiliates and the Passive House Institute:
Trade fairs, seminars, work shops, conferences, briefings…
Visit the Passive House Institute website…
…and learn about the latest scientific findings, certified Passive House components, publications etc.
23 - 27 April 2014: 18th International Passive House Conference
The platform for energy efficient building. The 18th International Passive House Conference and framework programme will take place from 23 - 27 April 2014 in Aachen, Germany. For more information please visit the Conference website
For members only
Members of the International Passive House Association (iPHA) receive free access to an even larger array of articles which offer detailed information on specific Passive House topics and expert advice for Passive House designers. For more information on memberships and to become a member, please click here or go directly to the application form!
Members of iPHA Affiliate organisations, as listed below, will automatically become full iPHA members at no extra cost.
Current iPHA Affiliates
New articles for members